So here are some things I thought about in 2010 that I would like to pursue in 2011. Call them goals, or resolutions, or whatevers, but I’d welcome your input on them.
To Monetize or Not To Monetize:When I started The Answer Is Chocolate, it was an outlet for my creativity. I wanted a place to get to know other creative people, keep track of all of the great projects I wanted to try and share my own attempts. I was amazed that it grew as quickly as it did I’d like it to grow more in 2011 so I think the question we all confront is about advertising and sponsorships. So for those of you who have taken this plunge:
- What made you do it? Make money, do giveaways etc?
- Do you use Google Ad Sense or did you find your own sponsors?
- Did you struggle with any conflict in wanting to be creative vs run a small business?
To Etsy or Not To Etsy:Similar to the advertising / monetizing question…for those of you who have etsy shops:
- What made you decide to go for it?
- Do you keep a standing inventory or make to order?
- Is it worth what you pay to etsy?
Thanks in advance for any input you provide…some things I just take the plunge and do and others I’ll agonize over forever. Any other pearls of wisdom you want to share are also appreciated!