Still won’t call them resolutions
First, thanks for all of the great input on my questions about advertising and Etsy. Based on comments and emails, I’m not alone trying to figure this out.
Here are a few more things that are on my 2011 To Do List:
- I’ve decided to become an Award Free blog. Not that I don’t appreciate the thought behind them because I do, but I’m finding that with the number of blogs I follow, it is too difficult to do a good job in passing these on and well….they take a bit of time. So I hope I haven’t hurt anyone’s feelings but as of now, The Answer Is Chocolate is an:
- Use my soldering iron! I bought the thing for a reason right?
- Use my Expression more…see above
- Use the stuff I buy period…see above and above!
- Have guest bloggers. I think rather than schedule these, I’ll put out calls for these periodically so be thinking if you’d like to do this!!
- Etsy. Gonna do it. When? Don’t know…after January when work calms down.
- Continued technical education! I want to get better at layout, blog design and photos.
I will continue to host my Monthly Open House link party the third Friday of each month. I just don’t think I can manage a weekly one yet. This month’s Open House will be January 21!
I will also continue ( resuming this week) BFF aka Blog Feature Friday. If you’d like to be a BFF at The Answer Is Chocolate, email me!
Good goals!! I need to organize mine like this, they are all just floating around in my head at the moment : )
I think the award free blog idea is super funny and smart...I have to agree, they are sweet and flattering, but take up much time. Hilarious button, it cracked me up! So beautiful and elaborate. Yet a teeny bit snarky! Hee.
Great Goals! I've had an Etsy shop for over a year, listed one thing and quickly took it off because I'm a big chicken! I'm determined to actually list things this year! I love the idea of an award free blog. They are really flattering but time consuming at the same time. I don't do chain letters and they're kind of the same thing! Great idea!
I love the idea of the Award Free Blog!
I have resolved to making more time for myself this year and I am sticking to it!
Happy New Year!
Love the new button! The good thing about Etsy, is that you can be flexible. Btw...I renounce resolutions too--I much prefer goals!!
Love your blog. I've been a follower for a while. I've been thinking about joining Etsy for awhile. I was on it a while back but didn't sell anything and got discouraged. Please let us know how it goes. I'd love to do Feature Friday btw. Just couldn't find your email.
Ok, I'll use my soldering iron if you use yours. lol. Congrats on your goals for 2011, and I hear you about the blog award thing, while it's flattering, it's also very time consuming. Yay you for going Etsy! I'll be anxious to hear how you are doing. You do wonderful work, so I'm sure selling won't be an issue...
LOVE the idea of an award free blog, Carol. It takes guts to put that out there. Bravo!
I agree... I need to use the stuff I buy, too. I have so many supplies and tools. I need to start using them before I buy anything else.
I am going to give you an award for becoming an award-free blog. I like getting awards but never pass them along. Too much to do in regular life.
Post a Comment