Top o the mornin’ to you. Happy St. Patrick’s Day! We’re just celebrating quietly at home. Since College Boy’s home for Spring Break, I’m making a big dinner including “drunken” pot roast, slow cooked all day in Guinness.
For dessert, I decided to make some “Leprechaun Bark”. I loved the one that Leigh Anne from Your Home Based Mom shared at a previous link party and have seen variations around the web. Here’s my version. For this you will need:
- White chocolate candy melts and/or white chocolate chips
- Dark chocolate candy melts and/or white chocolate chips
- Almonds ( I roughly chopped whole unsalted almonds)
- Green M&Ms
- Wilton Edible Gold Stars ( cake decorating section of craft store)
- Wilton Color Mist, gold ( cake decorating section of craft store)
- Green Gel / paste food coloring. I used Wilton
While this is setting up, melt your dark chocolate, add in remaining almonds, remove sheet from freezer, spread dark chocolate layer.