Showing posts with label monogram. Show all posts
Showing posts with label monogram. Show all posts

Monday, July 20, 2020

Quilled Monogram in Black and White

My love of and adventures in Quilling continue. The more I do, the more I want to do! Apologies for the photo quality. Between it being overcast and the fact that the dog accidentally broke my main camera lens and I'm having to use my distance lens and it's hit or miss...frustrating b/c this may be my favorite project ever! 

  • Cardstock for outlining monogram and matting
  • Scrapbook paper for matting
  • 12x12 shadow box frame
  • Quilling paper
  • Glue
  • Quilling tool 
Choose a font to use. I used one called "Acherone". I printed out then traced w/ my lightbox onto white cardstock. I cut 1/4 inch width pieces of cardstock and then glued the strips around the letter to form my outline. Once the whole letter was outlined, I added a middle strip for more definition.

I decided it didn't matter if my pencil marks showed because I could just fill in those areas with quilled coils. 

I made coils, swirls and teardrops and just kept filling in the frame at random until I was happy. Once done, I added a few swirled coils as shown. 

I trimmed the paper the monogram was glued to, and then  matted that w/ black cardstock. Then I chose a black and white piece of 12x12 scrapbook paper and framed using a shadow box frame (Michaels...they come in multiple sizes in packs of 2, $29.99 regular price but I bought mine when they were 50% off). 

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Quick Monogram Tile

It should be evident by now that I’m a paper addict. While I may gravitate without thinking towards certain brands, I’m not exclusive. For me it’s more about do I like the pattern. Michaels had these paper packs 50% off ( I promise they are not paying me although they could if they wanted…hubs would like that!) :
Reg $4.49 so $2.24 after the 50% off, and with 24 pages, that’s less than $.10 per piece. I wanted to make a quick gift so I poked in my stash and pulled out a tile I picked up in a sale bin somewhere made of I don’t know what…MDF maybe…got out my Mod Podge and some embellishments and cut a letter from gray vinyl using the Wall D├ęcor and More cartridge on my Expression.
Mod Podged the paper on the tile and roughed up the edges with an emery board. Applied the monogram and embellished with some self adhesive rhinestones.
This is the “tile”.
I wanted something else so I decided to try a rolled paper flower …something I never have any luck with but this time I was determined. It still unraveled a little in the middle and I didn’t like the hole it left but I was otherwise happy with it. So I “plugged the hole” with some iridescent Stickles! Just filled it up and now it has a sparkly center.

Linking Up At: 

Friday, May 28, 2010

Monogram Pillow & Friday Follows

I'm on pillow/flower kick. OK, I'm on a "I make stuff" kick, and the point of having a blog is to , well, blog about the stuff right? I had some "I know I'll use it someday" fabric in my stash and it went well with the colors of the other pillows I recently made and I still had some scraps left from the dress I cut up. So I created a monogram using a desktop publishing program ( Printshop Deluxe) and decided to add the year we were married. Printed that on transfer paper ( don't forget to reverse the image!) and ironed it to a linen dress scrap:
 I wanted a casual shabby look so I top stitched it to a flour sack towel panel and then to the pillow top. I didn't care about the linen or flour sack panel edges being finished because I wanted a ragged look. Sewed the rest of the pillow cover together and stuffed it w/ a 14x14 pillow form.

Being flower crazy, I made four black organza flowers with centers made from scraps of the fabric I used to make the pillow.  Here's the finished product:
It's hard to see in the picture but I pulled threads on both the linen and flour sack panels to fray them.

Linking Up and Participating in the following:


 Beyond The Picket Fence



The Girl Creative