Showing posts with label pillow. Show all posts
Showing posts with label pillow. Show all posts

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Stashbusting September Project #2

Last month I saw this over at Elizabeth's Twelve Crafts Till Christmas and knew that I wanted to make something similar to it.
 Initially I thought I'd use some of my scrapbook papers and do this on a canvas, but as I was going through the magical mystery closet, another idea occurred to me, that I could do this on a pillow. So I got out some fabric:
and cut the oatmeal colored felt into two "12x12" squares ( ok 13x13 for seam allowance)
then cut circles from brown and oatmeal felt and black and brown organza.

I burned the edges of the organza circles using my embossing gun, layered the flowers,made rosettes for the center from strips of brown organza and assembled. Sewed the flowers to one of the pillow panels, assembled the pillow, stuffed, closed, and :
Linking Up At: 

The Girl Creative

Friday, May 28, 2010

Monogram Pillow & Friday Follows

I'm on pillow/flower kick. OK, I'm on a "I make stuff" kick, and the point of having a blog is to , well, blog about the stuff right? I had some "I know I'll use it someday" fabric in my stash and it went well with the colors of the other pillows I recently made and I still had some scraps left from the dress I cut up. So I created a monogram using a desktop publishing program ( Printshop Deluxe) and decided to add the year we were married. Printed that on transfer paper ( don't forget to reverse the image!) and ironed it to a linen dress scrap:
 I wanted a casual shabby look so I top stitched it to a flour sack towel panel and then to the pillow top. I didn't care about the linen or flour sack panel edges being finished because I wanted a ragged look. Sewed the rest of the pillow cover together and stuffed it w/ a 14x14 pillow form.

Being flower crazy, I made four black organza flowers with centers made from scraps of the fabric I used to make the pillow.  Here's the finished product:
It's hard to see in the picture but I pulled threads on both the linen and flour sack panels to fray them.

Linking Up and Participating in the following:


 Beyond The Picket Fence



The Girl Creative

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

From A Dress To A Pillow

I had fabric left over from my re-purposed linen dress and decided my urn pillow needed company. Our house has lots of neutrals (can you tell) so it was an easy addition to a chair in the living room. Cut two rectangular panels and sewed black and white ribbon down the center of one:
Using some scraps from the same fabric, I made four rolled flowers and used them as centers for four layered flowers I made from white organza scraps I had. ( Used the "singed" edge technique but used my embossing gun to melt the edges instead of doing it over a flame. See my earlier post, "Flower Power of Black and White for description. I added black crystal beads ( left over from another project...use those supplies!) to the center of each flower.

Sewed the pillow together, stuffed it, hand sewed the flowers to the front and:

Linking Up At:
 All Thingz Related

Monday, May 24, 2010

"Vintage" Bottle and Pillow

Vintage as in it's an empty Worcestershire bottle but thanks to The Graphics Fairy and a little twine and painter's tape....
Easy Peasy. Tore a strip of paper tape ( I got it at Home Depot in the paint aisle) long enough to wrap the bottle. Ran it through my 5" Xyron and adhered it to the bottle. Printed this beautiful French label from TGF and trimmed it around the edges, Xryon'd it and ahered. Wrapped the bottle cap in scrap of paper tape and then with twine. Tied a couple of strands of twine around the bottle with a charm I bought that I knew I'd use "someday" and voila.

I love the vintage looking burlap and linen pillows I see at home decor stores and figured I could do one myself. A linen dress in my closet has been sitting there and now I knew why I never got rid of it. Because someday, it would make a great pillow!

So snip snip and turned it into fabric ( re-use!) , downloaded this urn from The Graphics Fairy, printed it onto iron on transfer paper and trimmed really closet to the edges:

Sewed it together, stuffed it and :
Linking up at: