I made this mirror last week without really knowing where it was going. I finally decided what I wanted to do with it which is to put it in our bathroom but it's going to replace a botanical print that's part of a pair so I needed to make it a friend. Since I decided it was going in the bathroom, I thought I should seal the paper with Mod Podge so I went back and sealed the first one too.
Started with the basic Malma frame and this time, a plain frame from the $1 Tree:
Used some more of my ginormous roll of industrial capet tape to tape up the Ikea mirror and painted the $1 Tree frame and the edges of the Ikea mirror black. Chose different but complementary scrapbook paper and some more silver handmade paper scraps and adhered to the Ikea mirror:
You can't see it too well but will be able to in the finished product... before I painted the $1 frame, I super glued ( for small things I am in love with Locktite's super glue gel) two keys that are actually scrapbooking stickers to the frame. It was plain and I wanted some dimension. They're "Jolee's" dimensional stickers...I got mine @ JoAnn's during one of their 40% off sticker sales:
If you're wondering why I bought a plain frame if I was just going to put stuff on it, I wondered that too, but hey, it's what I do :)
So for this one I sealed the base mirror with Mod Podge before I glued the frame on, and while that was drying, got out my silver Rub n Buff and aged my key frame. End result:
Total cost $5 ( adding in a buck and change for 1/2 package of 40% off key stickers since I used the other half for another project)