Showing posts with label mirror. Show all posts
Showing posts with label mirror. Show all posts

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I Think I'm Addicted

to K&Co. I didn't realize until I started blogging and writing down materials for projects that I used so many of their papers, scrapbook borders, diecuts. I did start noticing that I was noticing them more in the stores. But I picked up some papers the other day just because I liked them and they were perfect for some Fall projects and whaddya know...yup...K&Co. Didn't realize it until I flipped one piece over to trace on the back side!
I was tracing this frame and there on the back was the K&Co! So now on to my projects with this K&Co paper! No, they're not paying me to say their name. I mean they could and if they're listening, call me! I traced the frame shape and then cut out. Actually I traced it, then went and painted the frame back and sides and while it was drying I cut out the paper. I hate waiting for paint to dry but I guess it has to. Then I Mod Podged the paper to the frame. More drying time! What to do?

What I didn't do was take pictures of what I did which was to paint one of those 10x10 Ikea "Malm" mirrors. Checked some blogs out while that was drying. Mod Podged that. OK everything's dry now yay!

Sanded around the outer an inner edges of the frame; added some letters I bought for $1 at JoAnn's; added a leaf charm and a paper flower from the scraps. Covered the cardboard that came w/ the frame w/another scrap and glued a metal leaf to the middle and:

Here's the Ikea Mirror I didn't take pictures of along the way but it's the same technique I used before here

Someday I'll take a straight picture. Maybe.
Linking Up At:
A Little Knick Knack


Saturday, June 12, 2010

"Dollar-kea" Mirror II...Now With Mod Podge

I made this mirror last week without really knowing where it was going. I finally decided what I wanted to do with it which is to put it in our bathroom but it's going to replace a botanical print that's part of a pair so I needed to make it a friend. Since I decided it was going in the bathroom, I thought I should seal the paper with Mod Podge so I went back and sealed the first one too.

Started with the basic Malma frame and this time, a plain frame from the $1 Tree:

Used some more of my ginormous roll of industrial capet tape to tape up the Ikea mirror and painted the $1 Tree frame and the edges of the Ikea mirror black.  Chose different but complementary scrapbook paper and some more silver handmade paper scraps and adhered to the Ikea mirror:
You can't see it too well but will be able to in the finished product... before I painted the $1 frame, I super glued ( for small things I am in love with Locktite's super glue gel) two keys that are actually scrapbooking stickers to the frame. It was plain and I wanted some dimension. They're "Jolee's" dimensional stickers...I got mine @ JoAnn's during one of their 40% off sticker sales:

If you're wondering why I bought a plain frame if I was just going to put stuff on it, I wondered that too, but hey, it's what I do :)
So for this one I sealed the base mirror with Mod Podge before I glued the frame on, and while that was drying, got out my silver Rub n Buff and aged my key frame. End result:

Total cost $5 ( adding in a buck and change for 1/2 package of 40% off key stickers since I used the other half for another project)

Here are the two together:

Linking Up At:

 All Thingz Related