Not long ago, Mr. Chocolate came home with several empty cigar boxes for me ( and came home with MORE again this week!) I grabbed one of them and got to work.
For this project you will need:
- Cigar or wood box to alter
- Paint ( I used Ceramcoat Paradise and Martha Stewart Wedding Cake)
- Decorative papers (I used a piece of scrapbook paper and some washi paper I collect but rarely ever use)
- Embellishments (I used botanical rub ons by K&Co, postage themed tag stickers, self adhesive copper frame, and coordinating washi tape)
- Mod Podge
- Clear drying dimensional glue
I started by painting the edges of my box with the beachy blue ( Paradise). I didn't sand or remove any of the paper that's on top of the wood. I liked the texture. Just painted right over it.
After that was dry, I dry brushed it with the white paint. I was going for a weathered beachy feel.
Ooops I got a bubble in there but oh well. If you catch those before your glue is dry, you can pop them with a pin. Once the glue was dry, I superglued it to the top of the box.
I finished up the box by applying the same scrapbook paper to the inside of the lid, added more washi tape and a couple more of the rub ons.
The owners of the hotel are avid gardeners so I thought beachy and botanical worked out.