- Foam Tape and Foam Dots
- SVG file
- Digital Cutting Machine
- Acrylic Ornaments
- Adhesive Foil
Tuesday, January 18, 2022
Wednesday, November 10, 2021
- Layered Leaf Images (I used a bundle from Creative Fabrica)
- Cutting machine (I used my Cricut Explore Air 2)
- Scrapbook Paper (I used CraftSmart "Dark Elegance" which I bought last year at Michaels and is no longer available but you can use comparable dark papers)
- Recollections Gold and Copper Foil cardstock (Michaels)
- Coordinating Plum Cardstock (Stash)
- Cream Recollections 110lb Cardstock (Michaels)
- Copper Foil
- Fall Themed Embellishments ( I used K&Co border stickers from my stash)
- Coordinating Sequins (Michaels
- Foam Squares
- Dimensional and Double Sided Adhesive
- Paper Trimmer and Scoring tool
Tuesday, September 28, 2021
- Wood Art Board (Target Clearance but available at Art Supply Stores)
- Acrylic Paints (Folk Art and Craftsmart)
- White School Glue (Elmers but store brand will work too)
- White Vinyl, Transfer Tape (Cricut)
- Jewels (Art Minds, Michaels)
- Dimensional Glue ( Glossy Accents, Ranger)
Wednesday, July 14, 2021
I mentioned that I'm going to be a "Fairy Grandmother" since my bestie's daughter is having a baby. The nursery is coming together with a very cool ombre wall done by one of our other friends and has Moon elements. I made this layered "Moonogram" to complement that theme.
- Black Cardstock
- Lavender Glitter Cardstock
- Coordinating Scrapbook Paper ( Let's Wander Stack by Recollections from Michaels)
- Shadowbox Frame (Michaels)
- Moon SVG (Creative Fabrica)
- Digital Cutting Machine ( I used my Cricut Explore2)
As always, I needed to choose what papers I wanted to use. I had a general sense of what I wanted to do but the papers were key! I went with black, since like me, the mom to be is non-traditional and has a lot of black and white in the nursery, a lavender glitter paper and a sheet of very celestial looking paper from the Let's Wander Stack by Recollections.
The next step was to design the "Moonogram" so I popped over to Creative Fabrica (disclosure, I am an affiliate there) to look for a Moon themed SVG and found this bundle which was perfect:
I uploaded the "Man in the Moon with Stars" and the "Man in the Moon" images to Cricut Design Space. Then I chose the letter of the baby's first name in a font that would work well with the Moon images and used the Slice function in Design Space to make the cut out layer of the letter adding stars as well.
I assembled the "Moonogram" layers using foam squares.
Then I cut the background paper to fit the frame and attached the "Moonogram".
The paper, with the gold foiling was already pretty but I'm a more is more person so I wanted to add some more bling and when I saw these jewels at Michaels ( on sale for $5!) they had to come home with me for this project.