Here's a card made for my Auntie's Birthday:
- Basic 5x7 cream card (I made mine from Domatar Feltweave Cardstock)
- Cut 5x7 panel from "Me & My Big Ideas" Venice paper ( I love their papers because they're double sided); adhere to card
- Paper flower made from coordinating scraps ( cut descending sized circles, tear edges, scrunch and layer)
- Coordinating acetate strip from stash; layer to scrap of cardstock same width as card with edges torn
- Sentiment. I like to minimize waste / maximize use of my supplies so I created a page of birthday sentiments in my desktop publishing program and printed it out on a transparency. I think I fit 15 different birthday related sayings in different fonts on one sheet so I can just cut them out as needed.