I'd seen projects done with these dollar store frames and knew I wanted to play with them. So painted one w/ cream acrylic paint ( unintended goodness...the stain from the frame mixed with the paint to give it a pearly finish you can't see in the pic) and rub and buffed ( silver) the raised areas. Painted and glazed a candlestick I was willing to pay a couple of bucks for at a thrift shop but ended up being .82 cents! Glued ( grrr Gorilla glue bubbled but you can't see) a wood plaque I found @ GWill .Painted and did a harlequin design on top.
Inspired by all of the great book page projects I've seen, I tried my hand at a book wreath. Styrofoam wreath ($1 store), an old book, glue gun, time and .... Finished it with a layered paper flower and a button.