I've always aspired to learn calligraphy so it's no surprise that with my current obsession with lettering, that desire is renewed. Real calligraphy with real nibbed pens!
As I've started collecting supplies, I needed someplace to store them and keep them together. My camera battery was charging while I worked on this so I don't have step by step pictures but steps are pretty basic.
Mr. Chocolate is responsible for my stash of cigar boxes. I actually had to tell him to stop bringing them home because I have so many.
Supplies and Steps:
- Wooden cigar box
- Acrylic paints
- White glue
- Scrapbook paper
- Paint cigar box with base color ( I used black and needed two coats to get decent coverage).
- Once dry, cover with a coat of white glue ( cheap white glue...my go to for a crackle finish). Pinterst Tutorials here
- When glue is tacky but not dry, cover with contrast coat ( I used turquoise)
- Let dry or if you're impatient like me you can speed things up with a hair dryer. Note don't use hot setting or use a heat gun. Things will bubble!
- Embellish away! I used scrapbook paper and misc. things from my stash.
Scrapbook paper trimmed with glitter tape on the inside lid and lined the inside of the box with black faux suede paper.