I've never been a big pink person. Maybe it was because I was supposed to like it as a girl and being the contrarian that I am, I didn't. But for this year's Valentine's cards I was kind of drawn to the idea of it, especially when I found pink glitter paper at Michaels.
For these cards I combined the pink glitter paper with gold foiled paper I picked up during the holidays and used Paris themed stamps by Tim Holtz. What's more romantic than Paris?
- Cardstock for base card ( I used Stardreams black metallic)
- Craftsmith Gold Foil Paper
- Pink and Black Metallic Glitter Papers
- French Themed Stamps ( I used Tim Holtz)
- White cardstock for stamping
- Black pigment ink ( I used Recollections)
- Pink and Gray Inks ( I used Fresh Ink)
- Punches, embellishments,stickers
I stamped the images in black pigment ink, set with a heat gun and then dusted pink and grey inks on top. Trimmed and mounted as shown on the black and pink glitter papers, then embellished with punched hearts and the black, white, and gold "LOVE" stickers ( Recollections, Michaels).
I used foam dots to mount the focal images to the front of the card and embellished with self adhesive pink pearls. Also Michaels in their 2 for $3 section. My name is Carol and I spend too much time at Michaels.