Of course this also meant I had to try and “craftsplain” this to the lighting department guy. “No it’s not for a light fixture. I’m going to make a faux clock” . “Oh sure that was obvious!” said lighting department guy walking away looking back at the weird lady.
- 16 inch Ceiling Medallion ( I got mine at Lowes )
- Ceiling Medallion Canopy Kit
- Acrylic Craft paint ( I used Craftsmart black and Martha Stewart Pearl)
- Vinyl ( I used Expressions Vinyl beige)
- Cutting tool ( I used my Silhouette Cameo)
I started by painting my medallion black. Since I usually go for an aged / distressed look I wasn’t particularly careful about brush strokes.
Then I dry brushed it with the pearl paint. Again, not particularly careful. I changed from a foam to bristle brush for this.
While this was drying, I laid out and cut my numbers using CoCo, my Silhouette Cameo. I did these in two rows and then once I’d applied the transfer paper, cut the numbers into separate pieces to make them easier to apply.
Positioned them where I wanted them and then went over them with a burnishing tool to apply them.
And now I have my brand new vintage faux clock!